Monday, August 23, 2010

A Note of Confession


Hello friends and fellow blog readers....
This post isn't the easiest one to write, but hear me out. This is a reminder to all of us photographers about what's important to our clients...
Last month, I delivered a beautiful album to a client of mine, Tiffany. They had a beautiful wedding and we took many great shots.
A week or so after she received her album and CD, Tiffany sent me an email that served as a 'wake-up' call for me.
She was very sweet in saying, but she asked if there were more photos. She remembered some specific shots we took throughout the day and wondered why certain ones weren't included.
It made me realize something that I had not really taken into consideration, to be brutally honest.

When I go through the hundreds of shots from the day, I pick the best ones and edit those. These are the ones that are composed 'properly', with the right lighting or emotion.
But what I was missing was that these photos are not just my work, but the memories of these girls' special day. I may not think they are my best work, or even 'good' work, but to them, they are memories to keep. I'm usually the only one there (besides my assistant) taking photos of the details and emotions in certain parts of the day... especially the time leading up to the ceremony. They not only hired me to get the beautiful, emotive, and correctly exposed shots, but also the memories.

Below I've posted some of the photos I hadn't initially included in Tiffany's CD or album...but some that are important to her, simply for the memory.
And I must say, after going over the photos again, she is now getting about 60 more photos! Eeeek! That's a lot I missed...

So thank you, Tiffany for helping me realize this. I appreciate how gracious you were. You were a stunning bride! Congrats again!



No comments:

Post a Comment